Friday, August 5, 2016

Fiction Friday! A Viking Tale

Fiction Friday!!!

I have something to admit- this is the first Rick Riordan book I have ever read. Not sure why? Thus, I have nothing to compare it to when it comes to his other series.


With that being said- I really enjoyed reading Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. It is based on Norse mythology and it is the first book of Rick Riordan's trilogy. Who wouldn't love a good old Viking tale?!

The main character is sixteen year old Magnus who has been living on the streets of Boston since his mother's death. He soon discovers that he is the son of a Norse god and his adventure begins (kinda ends too) You need to read the book :) I don't want to give too much away.

Riordan integrates Thor, Loki, and Odin into his story with some hilarious scenes. I didn't know Riordan was such a funny and witty writer. I think students would be motivated to read since Marvel has made some of these characters so popular. 

This book never has a dull moment with humor, action, and mythology to keep any reader entertained.



You can check out other fab fiction Friday books to read and share with your class at The Teaching Thief.
http://theteachingthief.blogspot.com/p/fiction-friday_6.html

3 comments :

  1. I love Rick Riordan, but haven't gotten to this one yet. Thanks for the recommendation and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Amanda! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...This is really very amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Ergonomic Office Chair

    ReplyDelete

We love comments.