Friday, July 12, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

I just receive an email that Danielle from Busy Little Brainiacs has nominated us for a Liebster Award!  The Liebster Award is a way bloggers spread the word about fellow bloggers whose blogs have fewer than 200 followers.  Once a blogger receives the award, he or she nominates other bloggers. So now it is our turn to nominate other bloggers who will benefit from some exposure.



Thank you Danielle. This is a great way to keep us newbies motivated and not to get discouraged.
 
To accept the nomination, I need to do the following:
  1. I'm linking back to Danielle at Busy Little Braniacs.
  2. I'm nominating 5 more blogs that have fewer than 200 followers. 
  3. I'm answering 11 questions created by Danielle.
  4. I'm listing 11 random facts about myself.
  5. I'm creating 11 questions for my nominees to answer. 
I'm nominating these lovely blogs for Liebster Awards. If you have already been nominated, I apologize and know that I found your blog worthy of repeating this award. 

Erin at The Wright Stuff by Valery
Erin at Inspired Elementary
Marie at Beach Lovin' Teach
Amanda at A Traveled Teacher
Kathy at Kathy's First Grade Adventure


Danielle's Questions
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? 
I love to teach reading. I love to read and enjoy transferring that love for reading to my students.
2. What is your favorite book?
My all time favorite book is Watership Down.
3. If you could live in any country, which one would you live in? 
I think Norway looks like a beautiful place. Plus, I love their sense of style in home decor. 
4. Do you have any pets? If so what kind and what are their names?
Martha- I have three dogs (Lefty, LuLu, and Little Guy) and three house rabbits (Molly, Harley, and Quinn)
Wendie- has five dogs (Tess, Bandito, Mr. Darcey, Oliver, Sophie) and three of the cutest goats you have ever seen (Emmie, Trixie, and Janie). 
5. What was your first job?
My first job was working at a retail store when I was 16. But my first "real" job was teaching. 
6. What's the best advice you ever got? 
The best advice has been to have a tough skin but a soft heart.
7. What is the most played song on your iTunes?
I have been trying to motivate myself to exercise so I have been listening to a lot of Britney Spears songs. Don't judge me :)
8. Who is your role model or what inspires you? 
My role models are definitely my parents. They have an amazing work ethic that would inspire anyone.
9. What is your favorite part about back to school?
My favorite part of is decorating my classroom.
10. What is your dream vacation? 
My dream vacation would be to Italy.
11. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
Easy, working with animals in any capacity.

11 Random things about us (1-6 Martha and 7-11 Wendie)
Martha- 
1. I started teaching at the age of 21.
2. I love animals- especially dogs.
3. My husband is a teacher.
4. My husband and I met at the school we teach in. 
5. I am bilingual. I speak Spanish and English.
6. I have two older sister that are also teachers.
Wendie-
7. I am an author.
8. I have been a resource teacher.
9. My husband has an amazing "green thumb."  
10. I have a son and a daughter
11. I use to have horses.

Questions to my nominees:
1. What do you enjoy most about teaching?
2. What is the last movie you saw in the movie theater?
3. Do you have any pets? If so what kind and what are their names?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. What's the best advice you ever got?
6. If you could keep just three possessions (besides your family and pets), what would they be?
7. Do you have a piece of clothing or an accessory you can't live without?
8. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
9. What is one teaching supply you could not live without?
10. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
11. What is your favorite color? 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments.